- Visit local art shows. Strong attendance figures make local leaders sit up and take notice.
- Buy crafts made by local artists. Once in a while you can splurge on that one of a kind necklace or quilt.
- By visiting those places where events are held you support the historic home or museum and possibly learn about local history.
- You might learn something new, always a good thing, when the artist demonstrates their techniques.
- Attend a performance that you might not ordinarily take an interest in. But open your mind to the experience-it's a key component in creativity.
Here's a report on how the Arts impact the economy of your community:
Americans for the Arts