Wednesday, June 15, 2005

Art Advocacy Links

If you surfed here looking for art advocacy links, these are some of my favorites:

Americans for the Arts
www.artsusa.org

ArtsEdge
www.artsedge.kennedy-center.org/

Arts Journal Online newsletter
www.artsjournal.com

In addition, you can google search "Art Council" along with your state. If you live in Illinois, this is the link:
www.state.il.us/agency/iac/

I will continue to post links to sites that promote the arts and if you have a favorite, please post it here in the comments or send me an e-mail. Larger organizations like the Americans for the Arts have membership fees, but not all groups do. I prefer a grass-roots approach meaning I want to encourage people to support their local community artists, theaters, and music organizations. And when local schools want to cut art programs for whatever reason, stop them. The arts are a vital part of education and benefits are across all subjects.

Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment