Sunday, May 01, 2005

Art Thought For The Day

When I go to Chicago I often see the most interesting art/architecture several floors above street level. This means I get a stiff neck/look like a tourist/get mown down by cabbies whenever I'm downtown.

The town where I live has several buildings on the National Historic Register and even though the architecture is more visible (read: only one or two floors from street level) you still have to make an effort to see it.

So here's the thought for the day. Take your camera, whether it's a Kodak disposable or swanky digital model and go to your local downtown district and look up. Take pictures of architectural details (and here it definitely helps if you have a zoom lens) and make your own visual art scrapbook.

You'll have a new perspective on where you live.

No comments:

Post a Comment